Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I Miss...

I miss the early morning dawn, the wake up calls and carpool drives,
Running for lectures, the grand late entrance,
Last bench flakiness, with food provisions all around,
Sleeping in lectures, playing criss cross,
And waiting for that last bell to free us all.
 
I miss the postings, for units we would fight,
Following the seniors and trying to be right,
The morning breakfasts, DP’s, GK or Manize,
Cinemax or Imax, Zenzibu always followed by Naturals.
 
I miss the girls’ day out, the late night calls,
Issues many, with interventions and all,
Birthday cakes, Shekhar’s canteen, smashing faces,
And that’s where we left our traces.
 
I miss the library, the pre-exam tension,
The selective studies almost like pension,
The midnight maggi, coffee and red bull,
Cuz nothing worked on our brains so full.

I miss the feeling of having to do nothing,
Results so creepy, wishing we had studied something,
The promise of working harder, striving to do better,
But nothing changed us, Harrison nor Netter.
 
I miss the moment where we became Doctors,
Our heads held high, shouting in the sky,
The black robes, black hats and rolls in our hand,
The day we pledged, our Hippocratic oath.





PS- I had written this after I graduated. Just blogging it now. The places mentioned have been like our "addas" for 5 years.



 
 

1 comment: