Monday, December 24, 2012

Downhill Love

Confusion had taken over her so strongly that she did not know what to say. She stood there, looking beyond, looking everywhere, but him. Trying to register what just happened, she fidgeted with her hair, still dumb founded.
 
He looked at his childhood friend. They were meeting after almost 6 months. She looked beautiful even with the questioned look on her face. He had waited for 3 years, 5 months and 7 days for this day. Yes, it took him that long to figure out his feelings for her.
 
Under the Banyan tree, her favorite spot in the park, he told her; "I love you. I always have and I think you are the most beautiful woman ever. I was just too blind to see it myself. I kept running after other women when the only person I want in my life is you. I am sorry for not knowing it earlier."
 
She stared at her feet, gathering herself. She had wanted to hear this for the longest time in her life. She had loved him ever since she danced with him at a common friends party when she was 16. She would do anything for him. However, he had failed to see the love in her eyes.
 
Finally she looked up at him. Their eyes met. He tried looking for an answer in her eyes, but her face was masked. She did a good job of not revealing what she felt. After two minutes of eye locking, she finally said, "I am getting married in two months from tomorrow." She turned and left.

No comments:

Post a Comment